Hardware: Dell Inspiron 530. Intel Core 2 Quad, 4G memory, Nvidia 8400GS 256MB,
Install Disk: I bought a retailed Snow Leopard 10.6.3, however, it won’t recognize my harddisk since I can not set SATA to ACHI mode in my BIOS. So I used iATKOS s3 v2. The website for iATKOS is http://www.osx86install.com/support/91-iatkos-s3-readme.html
1. You can download iATKOS from http://www.mechodownload.com/forum/macintosh-programs/342778-iatkos-s3-v2-hackintosh-snow-leopard-10-6-7-a-Full-Free-Downloads-Keygen-Crack-Serial-Activator-Free-Hosts.html
iATKOS s3 is baseds on Snow Leopard 10.6.3.
2. Burn ISO into a blank DVD. First, I burned with windows. However, it won’t work. So I have to burn it in Ubuntu, which works great.
3. Install SL. Boot the disk. In the welcome screen, using Disk Utility to partition the disk into 3 Partitions with GUID scheme. GUID will create aother parition by its own. So totally there will be 4 partitions. I installed SL on the second partition. Ubuntu on the third partition and the fourth partition for data. During customization, choose driver for Intel SATA/IDE, Nvidia EFI VGA/DVI. default audio. The installation takes about 20 mins. After successful installation, reboot.
After installation, the ethernet is not work. I download the driver from
Using Kext Utility to install. Reboot. The NIC works now.
4. Apply combo update to 10.6.7. The update package can be downloaded from the above link. The first time, I selected Sleep Enabler, which causes kernel panic after update to 10.6.7. So I have to re-do a clean installation and didn’t select Sleep Enabler. Then it upgrades to 10.6.7 without any problem.
5. Using software update. It automatic update all software like a real MacPro.
1. using synergy to control two computers with one set of mouse and keyboard.
Set synergy autostart
2. change hostname:
sudo scutil --set HostName your_own_host_name